Laura Marie Mariel is an award-winning Senior Art Director with nearly a decade of advertising experience. She’s worked on both national and international clients including, but not limited to, Nissan, Smucker’s, State Farm, Applebee’s, PreparationH and Always. She’s garnered global recognition from some of the most prestigious festivals, including New York Festival, D&AD and Clio. Currently, Laura Marie is working as a Senior Art Director at ARGONAUT on the Cricket Wireless account.
Laura Marie studied Advertising at Boston University, where she graduated with a Bachelors of Science in Communications and two minors in Spanish and Business Administration. Following graduation, her career began as an Assistant Account Executive at Hill Holliday in Boston, but took a 180º turn when she decided to become a creative. She enrolled in Miami Ad School to build her portfolio and as a student, she caught the attention of the 4A’s Foundation, was awarded the Bill Bernbach Diversity Scholarship and named an Adobe Student Scholar.
Laura Marie continues to make her presence known. She’s passionate about changing the statistic – that only 11% of Creative Directors are women and even less are women of color. Outside of her 9-to-5, she is a Mentor for Women Who Create, a community of women of color raising each other up and shattering glass ceilings. Recently, Laura Marie was identified as a rising female star by the ADVERTISING Club of New York and accepted into the i’mPART Women’s Fellowship Program.
Follow Laura Marie on LinkedIn, Instagram or Twitter!
The i’mPART Women’s Fellowship, created in 2016, made a commitment of $100K annually to retain more diverse talent and promote more women into leadership positions. Now in its fifth year, the program has expanded from helping 10 to over 50 women pursue their goals and elevate their executive presence – providing more access, tools, & nurturing necessary for them to grow and thrive in all aspects of our industry.
Each Fellow receives:
- All-expense registrations for industry conferences including but not limited to: ADCOLOR, Advertising WEEK NY, ANA, BE Women of Power Summit, 3% Movement Conference, SXSW, Fast Company Innovation Festival, CultureCon
- Educational workshops, webinars and master classes
- 1:1 Executive Coaching
- Neuro-assessments to determine strengths
- Monthly night school with PwC Executive Training Program
- Executive Salon Series fostering mentor connections and high-level networking opportunities
- 1-year AD Club of NY membership
- Access to the industries top leaders
Learn more about the Foundation’s dedication to fostering the talent pipeline here!