Meriyel David is an Associate Planner at Wavemaker. In her role, she assists in the development of media plans that are used to effectively reach target audiences. By nature, she is a self-proclaimed people connector with a passion for producing community-driven experiences and events that create safe spaces for people of color.
As the co-founder of Melanin (a Wavemaker ERG for Black and LatinX employees), she has helped to curate a culture that puts diversity first by creating new ways to support D&I and professional development for all. She is also an Alumna of COOP, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to advocate for underrepresented communities by offering technology and digital skills and development training to young professionals.
As a leader, a mentor and a diversity champion, she is passionate about promoting equal opportunities for all communities while continuing to motivate and encourage future generations to “Be the change you want to see in the world” – Mahatma Gandhi.
The i’mPART Women’s Fellowship, created in 2016, made a commitment of $100K annually to retain more diverse talent and promote more women into leadership positions. Now in its fifth year, the program has expanded from helping 10 to over 50 women pursue their goals and elevate their executive presence – providing more access, tools, & nurturing necessary for them to grow and thrive in all aspects of our industry.
Each Fellow receives:
- All-expense registrations for industry conferences including but not limited to: ADCOLOR, Advertising WEEK NY, ANA, BE Women of Power Summit, 3% Movement Conference, SXSW, Fast Company Innovation Festival, CultureCon
- Educational workshops, webinars and master classes
- 1:1 Executive Coaching
- Neuro-assessments to determine strengths
- Monthly night school with PwC Executive Training Program
- Executive Salon Series fostering mentor connections and high-level networking opportunities
- 1-year AD Club of NY membership
- Access to the industries top leaders
Learn more about the Foundation’s dedication to fostering the talent pipeline here!