Over the course of her career, Lauren has been fortunate to experience many of the transformations affecting the media industry first-hand. Because of her unique ability to recognize value and opportunity amidst major change, she has enjoyed success across brand building, marketing, and media.
Lauren currently works on the Global Media team at BlackRock, where she partners with marketers around the world to implement cross-channel campaigns for their three brands and multiple product lines. She also manages the BlackRock media ‘center of excellence,’ and develops and deploys best practices around media planning and buying.
During her time at BlackRock, she’s rolled out global to regional to local media processes, developed a company-wide global media community, and grown the media team and practice significantly. In 2020, she’s continued to explore new areas for education and improvement, including implementing more robust measurement strategies and building the foundation for data-driven marketing efforts.
Lauren started her career at Zenith as a media planner, and then spent several years in audience marketing at Penske Media Corporation, working on such storied brands as WWD and Variety.
Lauren graduated from Duke University in 2014, and was part of the bad luck class that missed out on two national championships (Duke basketball won the year before she arrived and the year after she graduated). She has also been a board member of the John A. Reisenbach Foundation for a better and safer New York for over five years.
The i’mPART Women’s Fellowship, created in 2016, made a commitment of $100K annually to retain more diverse talent and promote more women into leadership positions. Now in its fifth year, the program has expanded from helping 10 to over 50 women pursue their goals and elevate their executive presence – providing more access, tools, & nurturing necessary for them to grow and thrive in all aspects of our industry.
Each Fellow receives:
- All-expense registrations for industry conferences including but not limited to: ADCOLOR, Advertising WEEK NY, ANA, BE Women of Power Summit, 3% Movement Conference, SXSW, Fast Company Innovation Festival, CultureCon
- Educational workshops, webinars and master classes
- 1:1 Executive Coaching
- Neuro-assessments to determine strengths
- Monthly night school with PwC Executive Training Program
- Executive Salon Series fostering mentor connections and high-level networking opportunities
- 1-year AD Club of NY membership
- Access to the industries top leaders
Learn more about the Foundation’s dedication to fostering the talent pipeline here!